Monday, November 21, 2011

Introduction: Liza

Hey everyone, my name is Liza Jones. I am a junior at the University of Maryland College Park studying Government and Politics. I am from Boyds, Maryland in Montgomery County. My interests include all sports, mainly hockey and the Washington Capitals. I also enjoy staying physically fit, playing with my dogs Buster and Lexie, and high fashion.

I am generally neutral on many subjects; I take in to account both sides of an argument and relate the pros and cons for either. That will probably be the same situation for many of my posts in this blog. I am certainly not an expert on Occupy DC/Wall Street/etc. however, i'm very excited to learn more about it and possibly help some followers who know less than I do. I believe this project is not about choosing a side to defend, but the knowledge that you gain and the understanding of the movement at hand. The other authors and I are going to have some differences in our views, which I believe will make for a more interesting blog. Pertaining specifically to the Occupy DC/Wall Street movement, I believe people make their own fate and work hard for the benefits they receive. The 1% is fortunate, lucky, and hard workers that have earned their fate. I am not suggesting that the 99% percent has not, but there is an inevitable divided line in society and this is one of them.
I look forward to the coming weeks and expressing my criticisms, expressions, and views on Occupy DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment