Monday, November 21, 2011

Introduction: Jordie

Jordie: For the Occupy Wall Street
My name is Jordie Lopez. I am a senior Communications major at the University of Maryland, College Park. I am currently taking COMM230, which is an argumentation and debate class. In this class we were given the task of creating a blog on a current issue that we felt was of interest and affected us. I was very excited when we decided on the topic of Occupy Wall Street. Our group specifically chose to focus on the movement happening in Washington D.C. because it is closer to this area and is more accessible for personal interviews and photos. I was previously aware of this movement, but was unaware of what they really stand for. After doing some further research, I have decided that I agree with the movement and there should be a reform. I do agree that there is a lot of social and economic inequality. I also am aware of the increasing unemployment rate. I don’t think its fair that large corporations are practically able to control the economy and distribute the wealth as they please. A large amount of this money is only going to a select few people, so almost no one is benefiting from this.
There needs to be a large amount of changes with the power of these corporations or there is going to be an increasing gap between the rich and the poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment