Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Introduction: Carla


Hi Everyone!

My name is Carla Castro. I am currently a Senior at University of Maryland, College Park. I am a Criminal Justice and Criminology major with a minor in Philosophy. I am extremely involved on and off College park campus. I have been involve with several organizations on campus such as The Latino Student Union, Coalition of Latino Student Organizations, Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, Student Government Association, America Reads America Counts, La Familia Peer Mentoring Program and Resident Life as a Resident Assistance.

Off campus, I am extremely involved with a non-profit organization in D.C. that focus on children at risk locations such as Adams Morgan area in D.C. Since working in D.C, I have been able to see the daily struggle low income families endure everyday. I do not normally follow politics but because of my experiences in D.C I feel that I can no longer sit back and do nothing. The economic system is broken and there is extensive financial and societal inequality. This is why I support the Occupy D.C movement and feel that we, the 99% should have a say on what is going in our nations economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment